Encouragement from God's Word

Here are some additional scriptures I've leaned on through the years when the voice of fear whispers or yells in my ear.

John 14:27 NIV: "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Matthew 8:25-26 NIV: "The disciples went and woke him, saying, 'LORD, save us! We're going to drown! HE replied, 'You of little faith, why are you so afraid? Then HE got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm."

Acts 18:9-11NIV: "One night the LORD spoke to Paul in a vision: 'Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I AM with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.' So Paul stayed for a year and a half, teaching them the Word of GOD.

Isaiah 12:2: "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and song, and HE has become my salvation." Notice the progression: GOD is our salvation, but after we actively choose faith over fear, GOD becomes our salvation.

Psalm 56:1-4: "Be gracious to me, O GOD, for man has trampled upon me; fighting all day long he oppresses me. My foes have trampled upon me all day long, for they are many who fight proudly against me. When I am afraid, I will put my trust in YOU. In GOD, whose Word I praise, in GOD I put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What ca mere man do to me?"

Comments

Popular Posts